Lead Exposure Testing

Lead is another very common heavy metal. From batteries and x-ray shields to gasoline and painting/home construction products, exposure to small amounts of lead is quite common. Although it’s naturally occuring, high levels of lead can be very harmful to our bodies.

Since 1978, lead-based paints have been banned from the U.S. and many other regulations have been put into place to limit our exposure. However, older homes and buildings, as well as several workplaces, still expose many people to higher amounts of lead. A buildup of lead in the bloodstream is called lead poisoning.

Do you have lead poisoning?

Being aware of lead exposure is especially important if you have children or are pregnant, as well as if you work around a lot of lead products or live or work in old buildings.

Lead poisoning is not something that happens overnight, exposure to it can build up over weeks and months, even years. It’s unlikely you’ll have symptoms of lead poisoning until you have quite a bit of lead in your system.

Test Smartly Labs can help run a lead poisoning test to determine if the levels of lead in your body are at a healthy level.